Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I'm Broken

HI EVERYONE!
So big news first.... The Philippines Laoag Mission had 141 baptisms this month! Just letting everyone know, that is A LOT! We are totally hitting 1000 souls this year. It is so exciting. The work is moving forward. It is progressing and it is AWESOME.
Second big news.... I broke my ankle. The one that I have rolled a million times you know? Well, we were walking along this bridge type thing in our area and it wasn't very high off the ground. As we were walking it gave way and my one foot fell through and completely went sideways. I tried to walk it off thinking it was just a rolled ankle like always, but we got back to the apartment and it swelled up and i got to the point where I couldn't even walk on it. Sister Barrientos just told me to go get it checked out to make sure and what do you know, there was a little crack in it. It was so dumb though cause I didn't even feel it or hear it. The doctors is pretty sketch here, but you could see it in the x-ray. They put this cast type thing on it. It is not like the way they are at home, and i have to wear it for 6 weeks. The worst news is, I can't go out and proselyte. It is so lame. I am way mad about it. I don't know how I am going to handle sitting inside all day. Plus my poor companion. We will have to do exchanges every other day i think. I guess I will get the language down cause that is all I will sit and study... Yeah it is such a bummer. Don't worry mother I will be okay! So there ya go, enough about that though.
So the baptism on saturday!!! The santiago famiy! There were 5 of them baptized! I wish you could see a picture, but it isn't letting me send photos! It was really great though. It didn't go as smoothly as it could have, but that's okay! We went to the church that morning to make sure everything was good. The font hadn't been drained since last week so it was completely brown with a dead frog in it. Yeah I got a photo, and yes, I wasn't very happy. Haha I don't care where you are, that is so disgusting not to drain the water! They took care of it though.
The Santiago Family
 

The Dirty Font
 
 At first, only the kids showed up. Their parents were not there to see them or support them. But right before the actual baptisms were going to happen she walked in the door. Such a blessing from Heavenly Father! She got to see her kids get baptized. Baptisms are always stressful to me, but I need to learn to just go with the flow. IT IS HARD. 
Next week we also have a baptism since Ismael Nanay passed his interview. It will be combined with branch 1 with a kid who is about his same age. It will be pretty sweet. He is really ready. The Lord is blessing this area so much right now. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to have all of these baptisms. I thank Heavenly Father every day for his entrust in me to teach all of his children! 
This week we had zone conference. It was pretty bomb. Mostly just because I got to see some of my favorite people in the world. I am so dang happy that I have met so many legit people here on my mission. Sister Brewer will be forever one of my best friends...and sister willson. We are planning to go to Australia June 2015 to see Sister Willson get married. There is some useless information haha. The training was pretty good though. We have some pretty awesome leaders. And we got enough Centrum to last us until July. That is probably the most exciting thing... because we didn't get mail, just pouches. And Sister Brewer and Willson are the only ones that pouch me. But I am not complaining :). 
Yesterday at church one of the old branch presidents would not drop the fact that i need to marry a filipino. I just kept saying nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. He tried to give me every reason that it was a great idea but I just kept saying nooooooooooooooooooo. Haha he told me he wishes I was assigned in the other area so that I could see his sons all of the time. Oh my heavens... then just went off about cross breeding and how all filipinos want tall genes. He told me that President Mabbun could just marry his son and i right then and there and told me to tell my mom that I was never going back to the states hahaha. I just laughed and told him sorry brother that is NOT happening. My mother would not approve, nor would I. Haha us white girls get stuff like that all the time here.
Well, I think that is about it for the week! I am sorry there are no pictures. I can't believe it is already almost April. Oh hey, Happy Birthday to Cassidy Denney this week! I miss you, and love you, and am so lucky that you are my sister. You are probably almost 30.
Love you all! It is burning hot here right now! 
Love,
Sister Wood.
P.S. April fools. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment