Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Higanting Babae

 

Before Courtnee left the MTC she finally broke down and asked me to send her some Crocs. Well, after a year of wearing ONLY Crocs, this is what they look like. I'm not sure how you walk 6 to 8 miles a day in Crocs, but bless her heart, she does.

Her feet. Wow!!!


It is way weird having a P-Day on Tuesday, but that's alright. At least I have more to write to you all about from the week! Yesterday we had interviews. It went a little bit differently than it usually does, but it was good. President Barrientos gave us a little training before they began and it was way awesome and so spot on. He talked about how the elders need to lead the mission. That right now, it is the sisters that have all of the high numbers, and are hitting standard, but it should be the elders doing it. He said come on elders we have the Priesthood! Haha he is giving them until June 1st to repent and change their ways haha. My interview basically went like this... sat down, and he told me that there is an American Elder who has a crush on me, but he is shorter than me. I just laughed. Anyways, the bulk of it was about when I should go home and start getting ready for soccer. It was a little bit rough for me, but I know that it is going to take a big leap of faith. I shed some tears, and then right before we got up he says, oh yeah, and when you go home I will tell you who has a crush on you! I just looked at him and said thaaaaaanks president haha. I will be staying here in Aparri another transfer which will make it 6 months! Most likely with a new companion though... haha if not then..... yeah I don't know, but it is very unlikely! I could very well easily only have 3 areas my whole mission! It's not a bad thing. With interviews came lots of packages and letters!!! It was such a surprise because we weren't expecting it! It was so much fun to get and hear from so many people! Thank you so much for all of those who write me. :) Letters will be coming your way!

Remember those rich basketball players? How one of their families owns the big petron gas stations? Well.... this week we were walking passed one of the stations and i just thought, hey lets ask here to see if they know where they live! We stopped and were asking the workers and it just happens to be that the owner, the dad of the ball player was there! Haha we just went up and started talking to him and got his cell phone number and he was completely up for us going and visiting! Oh man we were so happy! We will go over there this week. Need to make sure we look good. Haha Sister Bacalla is suggesting that a pretty white girl gets sent here to replace her so that we can get into all the rich houses haha! 
 
We have a few investigators that are great, but they are living in with their boyfriend, so they can't be baptized until they are married or separated. I swear, no one actually know the process of being married here, so we decided to take it upon ourselves to figure out the real way. We went into the Municipio kind of like a city hall. Haha the ladies there thought it was for one of us... nooooo way. Anyways, we got the steps, and one of the steps is plant a tree in your Barangay (county). Haha we sat there laughing so hard like wait, are you serious? Yeah that is one thing they have to do to be married. Lots of other things too, like get proof that you have never been married before. It is a long process especially with people who don't have the money to pay for it. We are doing all we can to help them though!
This was one of the weeks that I truly realized that some of our investigators and people we teach are really helping me be a better person! School is about to start up here again on June 2nd and we saw a recent convert walking home one day. He is about 10 or 11 years old. We asked where he was coming from and he said the market. He told us that he goes there and works every day and cleans the fish. He earns 10 pesos a day. He is working right now so that he can buy his 8 notebooks he needs for school. His example just really touched me. Another example is we were teaching more recent converts this week about fasting and tithing. They had all sorts of questions about fasting. As we started talking about how it is not eating for 2 meals, he pipes up and says, but sisters I only eat 2 times a day... Sister Bacalla and I kind of just looked at each other like.. .what do we say? Anyways, we told him that since he eats lunch and dinner only that he could just skip lunch and that would be enough. They wanted to know what they should do if they don't have money to pay fast offerings and such. Man I just sat there looking at these young kids and just blown away by their faith and their lives! 
We have a couple of rescue baptisms coming up in the next couple of weeks. The 31st and then the 7th. It is good to help complete these less active families because not only is it helping their kids be baptized, but helping them return back to the church. One of them is 15 named Jeffrey, and one is named Cedrick. They are good boys. I will try and send photos next week. The computer is being really slow. It sounds like it is going to blow up!
I finished my 3rd journal this week! On to my 4th. I am a little obsessed, but that's okay. Well, it will be less than a week and I will be emailing again since the days are mixed up! It has been one of those major edifying weeks. And I am so grateful  for it. I am so blessed. I was going to use the word lucky, but blessed is much more appropriate.  
Good luck with Graduation in a couple days! Congrats to Stet for finally graduating! Guess I can't say that quite yet... there are still 2 days haha! I can't believe The next time I email will be June! I love you all... until we meet again next monday!
Love,
Sister Wood
Sister Wood loves packages and letters!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment